Monday, January 2, 2012

two thousand & twelve

The expectation of the new year finds itself in every one's mind when they are counting down the seconds till they get a "fresh start" at a new year. Everyone is thinking about their resolutions that they will most likely stick to for maybe a month. My usual resolutions are something like exercise more, watch what I eat, be around family more, & get out of my comfort zone.... something like that. As I watched the ball drop in time square I thought to myself do I even have a resolution this year....do I even need one? All that seems to do is give me false hope that I won't be a failure this year and actually follow through on my resolution. As i pondered about whether to have a resolution or not it entered into my mind. What's my new years resolution you ask???


To simply be me.


No more worrying about other people. I'm looking out for myself. I'm refusing to waste anymore time on people who don't do their part to be in my life. I'm going to love more on my terms. I'm going to laugh, I'm going to cry. Whatever I do I'm going to do it my way. I'm going to let go. I'm going to learn to breathe. (especially when things don't go my way)I am going to live my life the way I want to and not let the influence of others push me in a direction I don't want to go. I'm going to focus on the friendships that actually matter. I'm going to take more time to do things for myself. My potty mouth should probably be fixed a little too. I'm going to try to not care about what other people think of me. I'm going to dress how i want. Not trying to act different around certain people to appear cooler, prettier, smarter, etc... I also want to focus on inner beauty for myself and for others. Not judge a book by it's cover. Be more quick to forgive.I am really going to focus on being myself. 2012 you may be better than 2011 or you may not. But I will do my part to stay positive while you throw curve balls & wonderful surprises/opportunities my way.








Here's to making twenty twelve all yours & hopefully finally successfully accomplishing your new years resolutions!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment