Sunday, August 4, 2013

One Year.


Since the day Chance stole my heart I dreamt about our wedding day & anticipated the sleepless night that accompanies it the night before. (& after HAHA!! ;]) I had spent a night before a wedding day with one of my friends who were getting married. Being so nervously excited she couldn't sleep so we were up all night & had minimal sleep. Then woke up very early for me to do her hair & then send her on her way. I assumed the night before my wedding would be just that. My last single night with a good friend being up all night due to the butterflies in my stomach. Instead I actually hung out with my fiance & family then went to bed. Of course I caught myself day dreaming & not feeling like this was real at all. I WAS GETTING MARRIED. Very quickly I fell asleep & you wanna know what?? I slept like a baby. (which was such a blessing since the next day was very long)

I woke calm. It felt weird to be so calm. I assumed I should be nervous with a bad case of butterflies stressing about every little detail......but I didn't. My amazing friend Melissa came over so early to do my hair for me. It was so nice to have a friend around just to talk with while getting ready just talking about old times. She told me that I was hands down the calmest bride she has ever seen. In that moment I realized it was more than just feeling calm. I felt secure, peaceful, happiness, & complete surety of the decision I was making to marry Chance. I had known since the day I met him he was different than the rest. Knowing that, I just knew that no matter what, today would be absolutely perfect. I had done all the planning I could do & I literally didn't care about the little thing or if everything went absolutely as planned. All I could think about was how lucky I was to be sealed to Chance in less than a few hours!!

Driving up the road to the Manti Temple was when the butterflies finally hit me. I jokingly told Chance, "I could still change my mind, I can still bail!" Accompanied by my amazing, worthy priesthood holding fiance we walked into that beautiful "princess castle." I can't even begin to tell you how sacred & beautiful ceremony was in front of parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins, friends, & a special visit from someone I love & miss dearly. I was overwhelmed with emotion as I saw all these people here for us, just to be here with us as we were sealed for all time & eternity in our heavenly fathers house. Small, beautiful details such as the glow I felt I had, the way I couldn't seem to take my eyes off of my forever, the tears of joy from our parents, the glowing smiles from our mothers, the love & support from our loved ones, the feeling of my grandpa, are all things that I will always remember. Every simple detail about the sealing made this day more amazing than I could have ever imagined. 

To the one who means the absolute world to me, I just wanted to tell you that I love you. The day I you asked me to marry you I was the happiest girl in the world. You have changed my life more than anyone in my life. I know what the odds were saying about us ending up together. High school sweet hearts?? Not going to happen but lets add a mission to it to....HA that's IMPOSSIBLE. I had spent four years picturing our lives together & I could not think of a worse fate than living without you for the rest of my life. Thank you for being everything I need, always. This has been the greatest year of my life. I honestly tear up when I think of how lucky I am to have you. It still amazes me how kind hearted you are. Your compassion for others is outstanding. Thank you for being the most genuine, kind hearted person I have ever met. You are my best friend whom I share smiles, laughs, even sometimes tears & I can't wait to celebrate seventy two more anniversaries with you. Thank you for choosing me to share your eternity with. I love you more & more everyday. Knowing you are mine for time & all eternity......is the most beautiful dream that I never have to wake up from.

Happy Anniversary my love. Forever & always xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment